Re: URGENT: Any more comments on Quick Tips revision?

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:53:38 -0400
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
CC: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Judy Brewer wrote:

> Web Content Guidelines WG:
>
> If you have any comments on the Quick Tips revision, please send them to
> w3c-wai-eo@w3.org by today July 15, as mentioned in last week's request &
> list of proposed changes
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/1999JulSep/0040.html>. We
> have to re-order quickly because we are running out, and have a high level
> of demand for these.

Proposed changes include:

> 3. Make "MAP" in second item lower case, but keep it boldface.

  In all the specs I've worked on, we've adoped the convention
  that element names are in caps and attributes in small letters
  (and quoted).

>6. At "Image maps. Use client-side MAP and text for hotspots." Check that
>this is consistent with final WCAG.

  The term "hotspots" never appears in WCAG. But the ideas are
  the same:

      1.5 Until user agents render text equivalents for
          client-side image map links, provide redundant
          text links for each active region of a
          client-side image map.

      9.1 Provide client-side image maps instead of
          server-side image maps except where the
          regions cannot be defined with an available
          geometric shape.

 - Ian