Comments from Wendy on scripts

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:31:00 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
(Quoted from Wendy):

I think the checkpoints for scripts ought to read like this:

1. Ensure your page is usable without scripts. P1.
   If you cannot make the page usable without scripts,
   provide an equivalent mechanism to provide the
   function of the script.

2. Ensure that elements with scripting events are keyboard operable.  P1
   (i.e. directly accessible so maybe a P2 if #1 is satisfied).

3. We probably don't need text equivalents for scripts
   other than those that have some purely visual impact.

 - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814