Re: Wading through the front matter

What Phill is suggesting is my personal favorite organization for a page.
Compare with <http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ/>.

However, there are many ways to skin a cat.  Another way is the technique
Thatch speaks highly of, providing a link that skips around the front
matter.

The way this document is set up, I am not sure we need a dedicated "skip
the preliminaries" link because the first page starts with a link to the
table of contents, and the table of contents helps you find the meat of the
document in short order.

This setup may provide a sufficiently short navigation path to the meat of
the matter, and may be sufficiently recognizable as that path when one
stumbles on it.

Al