Re: Comments on PAGEAUTH 2.4: Lists

How much of this is contemplated as being in the Guidelines document vs.
the Techniques document?  I am hoping that this belongs in techniques and
hence can be deferred past the Monday/Tuesday meetings.

Al

At 12:21 PM 3/19/99 -0500, Ian Jacobs wrote:

>3) We talk about a CSS1 solution:
>
>      Until either CSS2 is widely supported by users agents or user
>      agents allow users to control rendering of lists through other
>means,
>      authors should consider providing contextual clues in nested
>      lists. The following CSS1 mechanism shows how to hide the
>      end of a list when style sheets are turned on, and to reveal
>      it when style sheets are turned off, when user style sheets
>      override the hiding mechanism, or when style sheets aren't
>      supported.

AG:: note changes in lines flagged X below.

>        <STYLE type="text/css">
>          .verboselist { display: none }
>        </STYLE>
>       <UL>
X         <LI>Paper: <span class="verboselist">(four flavors)</span>
>            <UL>
>              <LI>Envelopes
>              <LI>Notepaper
>              <LI>Letterhead
>              <LI>Poster paper
               <LH span="verboselist">(End of paper flavors)</LH>

or else
X                <span class="verboselist"><BR>(End of Paper)</span>
or
X              <LI class="header,verboselist">(End of paper flavors)</LI>