Techniques: long descriptions

From: Chetz Colwell <C.G.Colwell@herts.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:01:13 +0100
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Re: section 2.7 of the Techniques.
In the section for 'Long descriptions for images' the terms 'graphic' and
'image' are both used.  Is this intentional, ie. is there a difference
between the two?  If not perhaps 'image' is a better term; if there is a
difference, does this need to be clarified?

The example shows the use of Longdesc for images, but not scripts or
applets.  I don't know much about scripts or applets, but I wonder whether
the example for images can easily be applied to scripts / applets.

Finally, I once observed a blind user who came across a D link and didn't
know what it was for and so they ignored it.  Although D-link is an interim
technique, would it be worth repeating Checkpoint 15.6 (or linking to it)
to remind authors to describe the access features they have provided.

Regards,

Chetz