Re: Techniques: other issues

From: Wendy A Chisholm <chisholm@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:42:47 -0600
To: c.g.colwell@herts.ac.uk (Chetz Colwell), w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
CC:: = chetz and helen, WC:: = me

CC::
>The links to the HTML 4.0 specification could indicate that they link to
>pages outside of the Techniques and Guidelines documents.

WC::
as mentioned before, we are working to ensure that it is obvious where a
link goes. please check with the open issues list on monday 15 march and
keep track of discussions on the mailing list to see how this evolves.

CC:
>Should Section 2.7 have a priority for the server-side imagemaps techniques?

WC::
we discussed server-side image maps at length at the working group
teleconference last week.  This section will be modified to reflect those
changes.

CC:
>Should the sections on 'Brief descriptions of images' (1.2 and 2.7) have
>associated Checkpoints?

WC::
The group began discussions on this topic during last week's call.  most
likely, it will disappear since the "title attribute in HTML is meant for
advisory titles (e.g., on a link, to describe the target). It should not be
assigned the exclusive role of providing a description of an image, script,
etc." (Tim Berners-Lee).  However, this is an open issue for the group, so
please watch the list for developments.

--w