Re: EMBED

From: Nir Dagan <nir@nirdagan.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:33:25 +0200
To: charles@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Charles McCN wrote:

"...It seems that EMBED can be used as an empty element or not. I haven't seen
anyone talking about ALT for it, but I haven't seen any examples which
attempted to provide accessible content anyway, so it doesn't really prove
much - sigh.
Charles McCN"

I actually saw mentioning of alt for Embed in microsoft's documentation.
I played around a little bit with Ragget's EzMath, and it turns out that
Lynx 2.8.1 for Windows supports alt for EMBED very much!

Opera 3.51 on th other hand doesn't, and also doesn't get impressed from the
ezmath plugin.

Regards,

Nir Dagan
Assistant professor of economics