re: B.3.1 - Simple and straightforward language

From: eric hansen <ehansen@ets.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:29:01 -0500 (EST)
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Al Gilman suggested the following as a statement of checkpoint B.3.1.:

"Use language that is as simple as possible, while appropriate for the
content of your site. [Priority 1]"

This sounds reasonable to me. Simpler seems better for this checkpoint.

I (Eric Hansen) assume that Al intended that any other material (such as
the longer paragraph) would be put in the Techniques document.

I think that virtually any of the material posted on this thread (re: B.3.1
- Simple and straightforward language) might be crafted into/included in
the Techniques document.

Eric G. Hansen, Ph.D.
Development Scientist
Educational Testing Service