Re: blockquote and indentation

From: Alan J. Flavell <flavell@a5.ph.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:46:28 +0000 (GMT)
To: Marja-Riitta Koivunen <marja@w3.org>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Marja-Riitta Koivunen wrote:

> This point could say also what to use for indentation if that is necessary:

Excuse me, but if indentation is "necessary" in HTML then there is
something wrong.  How are you going to indent the speaking browser?

If indentation is a desirable presentation of something, then CSS has
the ideal solution, and its use is already a general principle of WAI.
Many authors will still be (mis)using TABLE to achieve this on old
browsers, but I wouldn't have thought that this point (viz.
"Quotations") in the guidelines was the right place to discuss the
rights and wrongs of that.

best regards