RE: Lang attribute not P1 ?

From: <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:59:09 -0600
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

The Japanese version of Home Page Reader does not (currently) use LANG
attribute. English and Japanese use completely different character set
(Alphabet and Kanji). Therefore detecting Japanese and English is not so
difficult for TTS Engine. ProTALKER does not speak Native-English. It
speaks limited English word in Japanese accent.  We are looking at
supporting the LANG attribute in the future.

I agree that it is not a P1 for authors, but perhaps a high priority for
UAs

Regards,
Phill Jenkins