Re: Complex tables - issue #2 from yesterday's telecon

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:49:07 +0100
To: Wendy A Chisholm <chisholm@trace.wisc.edu>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

>    3. A.8.3 now says, "For data tables that have more than one row and/or
> more than one column of header cells, use markup to associate data cells
> and header cells
>      (e.g., in HTML, THEAD, TFOOT, TBODY, COLGROUP, the "axis", "scope",
> and "headers" attributes, etc.).
>

> thoughts?  is that wording clear enough?

In the technique doc, I would add some semi-ascii-art examples of OK
tables (single row of header cells at the top and/or single column of
header cells on the side) where the "scope" attribute is easily
infered by the UA:

Single header row at the top:

  TR TH TH TH
  TR TD TD TD
  TR TD TD TD

Single header column on the left:

  TR TH TD TD
  TR TH TD TD
  TR TH TD TD

Headers on both rows and columns (~ below represents an empty cell):

  TR  ~ TH TH
  TR TH TD TD
  TR TH TD TD