Re: TABINDEX - HTML Applications

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:05:41 +0100
To: "Charles (Chuck) Oppermann" <chuckop@microsoft.com>
cc: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> <<
> What is an HTML application ?
> A DHTML page ?
> Anything with a FORM ?
> >>

> The current Microsoft home page, http://www.microsoft.com has a menu-driven
> interface, written in DHTML.  You'll only see it if running IE4 or greater.

So I won't see it.

> I think that it's important that the guidelines strongly address dynamic
> (small 'd') HTML with a refresher on Accessible Software Design - keyboard
> access, color, etc.

OK, I understand dHTML, DHTML, Dynamic HTML can loosely be defined as
being the same thing: a combination of HTML, CSS and some scripting
language, which presents a dynamic user interface, responds to user
input and possibly reformats itself based on such.

The issue is: can we produce guidelines for a technology that has no
formal specification and how useful will they be ?