Re: Legacy solutions and priorities

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 10:04:11 +0100
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
cc: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Where people are using legacy systems,
> they will be denied access to the content. This makes the requirement P1
> according to our definitions

I'm sure I can find users of Mosaic 1.x that do not have support for
ALT on IMG yet, so does this mean we should say: do not use image ?

Kind of far fetched, but without statistics on how many users are
affected by a particular problem (like: not being able to access
FRAMESET even when the FRAME are correctly named/titled), we can only
make our decision based on our own judgment call for what we see
around us.

I came to believe that if lynx supports it, then it's OK to author it
that way.