Re: redundant text links

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 09:19:16 +0100
To: "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> I just noticed (sorry didn't notice it earlier) something about the
> recommendation for redundant text links
>
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wai-gl-techniques-19980918#redundant-links

Looking over this one:

  Technique A.1.3.2 [Priority 1]: In addition to providing alt-text,
  provide redundant textual links. If the A element is used instead of
  AREA, the author may describe the active regions and provide redundant
  links at the same time:

This should be a P3, not a P1.

If authors provide client side image maps with proper ALT text for the
image and all areas, we should be very happy.

It's also hard at this point to suggest using A instead of AREA since
this is not supported by any browser and one cannot be valid HTML4 and
provide both AREA and A in the same MAP (a bug in HTML4 that I'm
working on fixing for the next release)