Re: Suggested clarification on style sheets for wcag

Sorry about the welter of messages.

The practical approach is to look at the inserted text, and ask what
motivated its insertion.  Then look for how that motivation is expressed in
the base document.  Frequently this may result in creating a better
mnemonic CLASS indication which is used to trigger the style.  That is the
first thing to try when it appears that there is information in the
stylesheet insertions which is not accessible from the core text.  Even
when all that the stylesheet is doing is applying color or font face, one
needs to try to get out of one's eyeballs to see if the antecedents of the
style affects are expressed in a communicative way.

Al