Re: 7.2, 7.4, 7.5 Until user agents provide

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 19:12:56 -0400
To: pjenkins@us.ibm.com
CC: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, jbrewer@w3.org
pjenkins@us.ibm.com wrote:

> 7.2, 7.4, 7.5 Until user agents provide.
> "7.2 Until user agents provide the ability to stop the refresh, do not
> create periodically auto-refreshing pages"
>
> 7.2, 7.4, and 7.5  are presented as temporary until there are better user
> agents.  There *are* user tools, add-ons to browsers, that  already exist
> that can block many of these functions (such as interMute
> http://www.intermute.com/ ). It's not clear to me which working group has
> the responsibility to investigate these tools and promote user tools in
> general and not require all functions to be necessarily built into the
> browser.

Hi Phill,

For now, the Web Content WG will be tracking such
information. However, I agree that in the medium-term, it
would be appropriate for the UA WG to at least participate
in tracking this information, if not taking over the responsibility
entirely.

This should be discussed/confirmed by the WAI CG.

  - Ian.