style sheets

From: Virginia Ravenscroft-Scott <vcrs@psinet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 16:10:05 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I'm sure I"m not the first person to say this, but I find it very strange
that you recommend using style sheets so that more people can access the
site. A significant percentage of people use Netscape 3, which cannot
process style sheets. Compared to Netscape 3 users, the group of people
using special-needs hardware/software is tiny. I don't want to minimize the
importance of consideration for people with special needs, but if I am
trying to reach the largest possible audience, I will definitely choose to
use markup that is readable for Netscape 3!

Am I missing something? I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Virginia