HTTP guidelines (was: Re: Language information)

From: Nir Dagan <nir@nirdagan.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 22:48:34 GMT
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Daniel wrote:
"The more generic issue is whether or not we should
have a section on HTTP server guidelines, that would
talk about not doing browser sniffing&discrimination,
supporting language/content negociation, etc."

Yes. I think so. HTTP is important for content providing.

I would go even to a more basic level.
Authors should be first told that they have set
Content-Type headers correctly rather than write
"Click with the right mouse button to save the file to disc"
and only after they do that, we should tell them: also set
the type attribute in your anchors.

As of now the guidelines note the latter pedantic guideline
but don't mention the more basic one.

Nir Dagan, Ph.D.
http://www.nirdagan.com
mailto:nir@nirdagan.com

"There is nothing quite so practical as a good theory."
-- A. Einstein