HTTP guidelines (was: Re: Language information)

From: Nir Dagan <nir@nirdagan.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 22:48:34 GMT
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Daniel wrote:
"The more generic issue is whether or not we should
have a section on HTTP server guidelines, that would
talk about not doing browser sniffing&discrimination,
supporting language/content negociation, etc."

Yes. I think so. HTTP is important for content providing.

I would go even to a more basic level.
Authors should be first told that they have set
Content-Type headers correctly rather than write
"Click with the right mouse button to save the file to disc"
and only after they do that, we should tell them: also set
the type attribute in your anchors.

As of now the guidelines note the latter pedantic guideline
but don't mention the more basic one.

Nir Dagan, Ph.D.

"There is nothing quite so practical as a good theory."
-- A. Einstein