Re: plain text has its points

OK. I should have put more context in - the problem is when the
information about what happens is outside the link - eg

for more information <a href="some.thing">click here</A>

because it means a useful view of the document does not work properly, and
thus the extra potential offered has been somewhat unfulfilled.

To get airy-fairy I suspect we will discover that <A
HREF="some.thing">Click here to learn about things</A> stops being a
well-written link at about the time that voice-activated browsers
become popular. Not that it is really critical - the term becomes a bad
one but the usage will still be prefectly comprehensible, as Al points
out.

Charles McCathieNevile