Re: Request for quick feedback to WAI EOWG (fwd)

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@srl.rmit.EDU.AU>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 13:24:56 +1100 (EST)
To: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
cc: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Alan wrote that validating HTML and using Bobby was not an either / or
propsition, and explained why.

I agree, but it seemed to me that if they had to be prioritised I would
suggest that validating HTML is the most important, and then bobby
checking was probably more important than using a few browsers oneself -
since it is easy to do this and still miss things.

Alan also suggested that we do not say ALT text describes the function.
Again I agree. How about.

All images must have ALT text which performs the function of the image

At this stage the nit picking is important.

Charles McCathieNevile