Re: rationale for standardizing "start-reading" bookmark name

From: Chris Maden <crism@oreilly.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:19:04 -0500 (EST)
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
[Al Gilman]
> The basic reason for standardizing the name of the target anchor is
> that there are two people who have to implement part of the linking
> function involved: the better we name the function by what we tell
> them to name the target, the better they will implement their two
> pieces in a consistent and constructive way.

Wouldn't standardizing the *relationship* attribute value make more
sense?  I realize that very few browsers support rel currently, but
even fewer support the standardized skip-the-headers anchor name, so
we may as well standardize a value of the attribute intended for
precisely this purpose: expressing the relationship between ends of a
link.

-Chris