Re: Guidelines - events

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:39:59 +1000 (EST)
To: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Chris is right, so for the sake of completeness I looked up all the event
attributes again.  Those which I think are device-dependent, and we should
recommend not be used are:

onMousedown, onMouseup, onMouseover, onMousemove, onMouseout, onKeydown,
onKeyup, onKeypress, onClick, onDblclick

Those which seem to be logical events are:

onFocus, onBlur, onSelect, onChange, onSubmit, onReset, onLoad, onUnload.

It should also be possible to define something like 'onActivate' - which
would be equivalent to onClick for a link, but I guess this belongs to
other groups.

Charles McCathieNevile