RE: Presentation on Page Authoring Guidelines 19980918 (URL changes)

At 12:32 1998/09/29 -0600, Steve Lucas wrote:
>Harvey,
>
>I am getting an "outdated link" message when trying to access these files.
>Thanks.

Sorry folks, if you have mis-bookmarked,.

As part of a reorganization to make accessible versions of all nine of my
PowerPoint presentations, I have made both textual and graphic htm versions,
using the PowerPoint '97 to HTML conversion tool. The PowerPoint slides were
not reliably downloadable through my browsers (MSIE4.02, NSN4.0) or mailer
(Eudora 4.0), or those of others who noted the problem.

I have linked these properly now from the first reference, my accessibility
page:

    http://www.tiac.net/users/bingham/accessbl/index.htm

The referenced name for the WAI-page authoring guidelines you are seeking I
had incompatibly named gl980918.zip.

As other WAI groups are producing guidelines, the "gl" prefix is too
general. The inaccessible PowerPoint version was pa980918.ppt. Now there
is a zip file for the htm versions of that set, with 130 files, named

    http://www.tiac.net/users/bingham/accessbl/PA980918.ZIP

Also a zip file

    http://www.tiac.net/users/bingham/accessbl/PPTFILES.ZIP

that contains the PowerPoint representations of all 9 PowerPoint files
described in the index, and individually available as a container for
the two htm presentation forms. I believe that is downloadable and
properly recognized as a filetype to be saved for subsequent unzipping
into a directory.

Please let me know if those pesentations are useful to you. Feel free to
use them.

Sorry for that confusion. I hope you find the reorganization more useful.

Regards/Harvey Bingham

>Dr. Steven Lucas
>Chief Information Officer
>MatchLogic, Inc.