placement of form control label or description on same line

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:47:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Copied below you will find some advice I gave, in an unguarded
moment, to someone about a form on their website.

One of the things I said was "put the explanation of a text-line
entry field before the entry field on the same line."

I couldn't find a basis for this recommendation in the current PA
guidelines draft.  Is this suggestion unnecessary?  Should it be
in the PA guidelines?

Al

-- quote
For your forms (minimum short-range plan):

	1. Ensure that entry filed description and entry field
	appear on the same line.

	2. Initialize all text-entry fields with some placeholder
	content.  Don't leave them empty, initially.

	3. [Work with XXXXXXXXX to] arrange for some hands-on
	evaluation by people using varied adaptive technology
	suites.  Use this after you have a next-iteration version
	implementing at least the above two points for fine tuning
	and final approval.