RE: invalid docs. and WAI guidelines

In this and related discussions it is important to distinguish between
proprietary elements and Old but standard HTML elements.     You don't need
to use strict HTML 4.0 to avoid proprietary elements.  And some sites are
forbidden to use any elements not found in 3.2.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Dept of Ind. Engr. - U of Wis.