Re: Deprecated elements

Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU> wrote:

> The ISO HTML draft attempts to capture the essential core of the language,
> excluding all of those features which are deprecated or which are likely
> to become obsolete. I can't remember the URL that refers to this draft,
> however.

Final Committee Draft is available at:
	<URL:http://purl.org/NET/ISO+IEC.15445/FinalCD.html>

And also, User's Guide (not an ISO/IEC text) is available at:
	<URL:http://purl.org/NET/ISO+IEC.15445/Users-Guide.html>

ISO-HTML is the strict subset of HTML 4.0 Strict DTD, thus any deprecated
features which are not part of Strict DTD is not part of ISO-HTML as well.

I've discussed with ISO-HTML editors at "Shaping the Future of HTML"
workshop, to ensure that accessibility and internationalization (i18n)
are essential features of HTML 4.0, so ISO-HTML should not omit any
features regarding accessibility and i18n.  I believe they are
committed to do so, for example, summary attribute of TABLE element is
REQUIRED in ISO-HTML.

If you have any comments to ISO-HTML, I will contact the editors.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium