Pop-up windows

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:17:36 +1000 (EST)
To: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
An interesting point raised on the IG list - pop-up windows throw people
out of context. Which is hell for navigation.

DaveP said that his approach was to immediately close them down (my usual
approach) as the only way to cope with them.

We should add them in section C - they are control devices. I think they
are a no-no for accessibility (P1) although it could be argued that since
they are just an annoyance (making everyone equal) and can be shut down
they are only a P2 no-no.

Charles McCN