My Guidelines - a new approach

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:49:00 +1000 (EST)
To: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Following the teleconference tis morning I have taken another approach to
the guidelines - list the HTML elements (attributes shouold crack a
mention too, but this is a quick 'n dirty prototype) and explain the
reequirements (in priority 1 2 3 terms) for each one.

it is at http://saltimbocca.srl.rmit.edu.au/wai/mygl.html

I think it is the sort of thing that could be included as part of the
guidelines, or used as a reference. It still assumes that people can read
HTML. This is not a good assumption - I know of people who are trying to
make their websites accessible, but who only know how to use a WYSIWYG
editor, not what the stuff behind it is.

It also does not cover general design issues, or how to write a style
sheet / include images inside an object, etc. That's coming, if this is
worthwhile.

Charles McCathieNevile
RMIT University