Re: Open issues

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:01:33 +1000 (EST)
To: Wendy A Chisholm <chisholm@trace.wisc.edu>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Issue 7 - how do we handle ASCII art...

This issue probably ties in with the braille subgroup of PF, who are (I
belive) also considering the problem of tactile representation of graphics.

The CSS solution I proposed before would solve the problem for CSS
compliant browsers. If there were a marker at each end, then
non-CSS-compliant non-text-display browsers could skip from one to the
other (an anchor which is a bidirectional link would encourage them to do
so...)

Charles