Re: Okay, is this better?

From: Alan J. Flavell <flavell@a5.ph.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 20:55:06 +0000 (GMT)
To: Suzan Dolloff <averil@concentric.net>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Suzan Dolloff wrote:

> This well-designed and highly-accessible web site uses what's known as a D
> link, or "description." Clicking on a D link takes users to another web
> page which offers image or sound descriptions whose robust explanations
> aren't well served by ALT or TITLE or LONGDESC attributes.

Excuse me, I thought that LONGDESC was the properly engineered
attribute that was intended to replace the D-link kludge.

I mean no disrespect to the folks at wgbh, they did something that
needed doing, and did it with the tools at hand.  But a properly
engineered solution is still surely better?

best regards