RE: [w3c-wai-gl] <none>

From: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:43:26 -0800
To: "'Gregg Vanderheiden'" <GV@TraceCenter.org>, "'GL - WAI Guidelines WG'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
<<2)  What some people consider decorative other people consider
information.
 More importantly, if alt="" is a legitimate strategy for anything that
does not see important, it's possible that page authors might use it
overmuch, removing much content.>>

How does a authoring tool put in ALT=""?  To an authoring tool, a empty edit
box means no text, not NULL text.  I would have to manually edit the HTML
source to put in ALT="" in the places where I wanted it.  People are not
likely to put in NULL ALT's anyway and this additional burden might sink the
possibility altogether.