New Version for weekend reading

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <po@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:19:16 -0600
To: "'GL - WAI Guidelines WG'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, "'IG - WAI Interest Group List'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi all, Hi All Hi

There is a new version of the guidelines up at
http://www.w3.org/wai/gl

These are new versions of page author checklist & guidelines;

- they incorporate all of the input from Austin meeting that there was consensus on;

- they're also updated to reflect HTML 4.0 final recommendation accessibility improvements;

- the WAI wants to make this an official W3C "Working Draft" by late next week;

- please send any comments you have by Wednesday January 28 to w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

(We checked the GL list and it accepts "foreign" submissions -- that way we won't have to flood the IG list with detailed discussion.)

This is NOT a final document.  We will continue to tune next week. So get your input in and give this a good look over.

Thanks

The GL team.

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors