Separate Content from Presentation

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:40:15 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hello,

I thought (briefly) about where ascii art falls in the guideline
tables. It occurs to me that saying "Separate Content from Presentation"
is at least cute and possibly interesting as a guideline.

So for example:

- You shouldn't &nbsp; to align columns (use markup and style sheets)
- You shouldn't use ascii art for images or lines (use real images)
- You shouldn't put spaces between letters to spread them out. (use
style sheets).

  - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)