Re: Language info recommendations

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:13:58 +1000 (EST)
To: A.Flavell@physics.gla.ac.uk
cc: nir.dagan@econ.upf.es, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Alan explained that the browser needed to send a message about languages
to the server, which could then send the right language back to the browser.

As I understand it, the server needs to be configured to do this.

My problem is that a lot of stuff I do is on CD-ROM - it relies on the
browser directly following the LINK. this works for stylesheets, and it
would be good if it worked for alternate languages as well, so maybe it
is a UA issue.

That would remove the problem for a user that they have to rely on an
appropriate server set-up, as well as the problem with working on local
files rather than http: web-sourced stuff.

Charles McCN