Re: Language info recommendations

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:18:29 +1000 (EST)
To: Nir Dagan <nir.dagan@econ.upf.es>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Nir is right about support for multiple languages. I recall being told
things like LINK REL="alternate" LANG="XX" was how to specify full
alternate pages, but I don't know whether it really works - when I tried
it I couldn't win.

the Internationalisation thing ought to have a tie-in to WAI issues,
perhaps particularly though the EO group as well as being included in the
guidelines. But I have found ti difficult to make things work, and being
an English speaker I have not often needed to - it seems simpler usually
to exercise my rusty languages than my browser.

Charles McCathieNevile