Re: Dynamic guidelines

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 15:05:04 +0200
To: jkrieger@zafu.com
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Hello Josh

> http://www.cast.org/waigl

I think it's a very useful tool for people that have a special
deliverable in mind as in "doing an accessible web site that is
compliant with html3.2 and NS3".

I've met people with this kind of deliverable, that's just web design
shop market reality, but I'm not sure that's something I'd like to see
W3C endorsing in a markup guideline normative document.

For one thing, I wouldn't know which combination to choose for my own
pages...

I'm more in favor of W3C "raising the bar" and recommending guidelines
based on standard, even if this means some of them will only take
their full effect in the future.