Guidelines Grouping Table

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <po@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 21:37:01 -0500
To: "GL - WAI Guidelines WG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Attached are two documents

One is a table and the other is a linearization of the table.
(an unwrapped table)

We have tried to a number of things in the table

First we tried to rate them as being important for
 - Accessibility (eg info not avail unless done)
 - Severe Usability (need it to understand the info)
 - Usability (hard to use info if not done_
 - Useful (helpful )

Second we tried to determine when the rating occured
 - always
 - only when old browsers or AT were used
 - (future)

Third we tried to collapse the number (from 56 guidelines) by
grouping similar items together under a more general guideline.
(the old items can then appear as strategies for achieving the
major goals)

We also identified two that we think could be deleted.

The result is a reduction of the guidelines from 56 or 58 down to
35

This is just a rough pass.   Comments welcome.    We will be
working on this and discussing it further on the conf call.

Gregg