Browser guidelines in authoring guidelines

From: Josh Krieger <jkrieger@cast.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:43:03 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
We seem to have mixed browser/AT issues with authoring issues
in the current guidelines (I haven't looked at the most recent
draft just posted). While the browser/AT issues should be mentioned,
I might suggest placing them in a separate section that is
maybe somehow different from REQUIRED and RECOMMENDED and
expresses the overlap of HTML authoring/browser/AT. Just
looking over the guidelines, I find:

3.2. The user can freeze moving or blinking text
4.4. Transcriptions and audio descriptions are synchronized
7.2. Tables are not used to arrange text documents in columns
7.8. Alt-text doesn't wrap in tables used to position graphics
8.2. Lists of links have non-link printable chars between them

Josh Krieger
CAST