Comment on the guideline v8

From: Masafumi NAKANE/中根雅文 <max@wide.ad.jp>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 04:58:11 +0900
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: max@wide.ad.jp
Hi,

I've just looked through the first half of the Trace guideline v8.
(Since I've been up all night and will be leaving for Austin this
afternoon, I don't think I'll be able to read it through.)

Anyway, here's some comment, although it might not be too useful.

In the Definition section of the Chapter 4, it may be a good idea to
mention braille output.

I think someone has mentioned this already, though, the section about
the date format (in 9.1), this isn't IMO really an issue of
accessibility.  Of course, this is a useful suggestion, but it's not
accessibility specific issue, and do we want to include this?

In 10.1, No. 1 of the recommendation for users, isn't
http://access.adobe.com/ more appropriate as pointer to Adobe PDF
Accessibility stuff?  (The URL given in the current guideline, of
course, works fine, but access.adobe.com/ is more screen-reader
friendly, I think, and thus, if these two pages contain the same
information, then access.adobe.com is IMO better to introduce as a
pointer.)

In 10.4, Recommendation for authors No. 2, the last sentence looks
like being truncated accidentally.

That's it for now.

Looking forward to seeing you in Austin.

     Cheers,
Max

          Masafumi NAKANE, Keio Univ., Dept. of Environmental Information
E-Mail : max@wide.ad.jp / max@FreeBSD.ORG
[URL] :  http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/~max/