Phill's initial comments on version 8

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:35:51 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Some initial comments:

1.  Not much is made of the fact that blind people and others cannot use a
mouse.  I found the requirement for keyboard  alternatives to mouse actions
listed once and it was way down in the document.  I think this is an important
item and we'll want to emphasize it more.

2. Some authors don't know what a "user agent" is as in the heading
"Recommendation for user agent (browser) developers".  I would like to see us
"browser developers" and explain that it includes all user agents.  I'm trying
to de-geek the guidelines.

3. Some places we say "alternative" text (or page) and others we say "alternate"
 text (or page).  I don't know that there's a big difference, but we should
choose one and stick with it. I like alternate over alternative.

More grammar comments will come in a separate post.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins     (678-4517 tieline)  512 838-4517
Pager: 800 946-4646  PIN 144-3139
IBM Special Needs  Fax:  512 838-9367
11501 Burnet Rd    pjenkins@us.ibm.com
Austin TX 78758    http://www.ibm.com/sns