Re: Request to Join

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:05:44 -0400
To: Steve Kangas <stevek@bookmarklets.com>, wendy@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-er-wg@w3.org, patent-issues@w3.org
Welcome to the Group!

NetConversions page on their accessibility checker is at

At 02:45 PM 4/19/01 -0800, Steve Kangas wrote:
>Request to join the WAI Evaluation and Repair Tools Group:
>(cc'ed to  patent-issues@w3.org because of IPR claim of copyright at bottom)
>Given Name:
>Family Name:
>Email Address:
>Office Telephone Number:
>Employer / Organization:
>Indicate whether your organization is a W3C Member:
>Not currently a member
>Area of interest: (Non W3C members please state area of expertise)
>[*] develop evaluation, repair, or transformation tools,
>        Please indicate the tools you have worked on and which languages you
>are familiar with.
>Have worked on client-side scripts that detect accesibility issues and assist
>in their correction.  I'm personally familiar with other languages, but these
>scripts are in Javascript.
>[*] develop Web content on a regular basis,
>[*] regularly review Web content for accessibility issues,
>[*]or have general usability, development, or accessibility knowledge
>[*] I have read the Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Charter and
>agree to the participation criteria therein (please indicate
>the revision date of the charter, e.g., 2000/01/21).
>Revision date: 2000/11/28
>Intellectual Property Rights (check one):
>[ ] To the best of my knowledge, I believe my organization does not have any
>IPR claims regarding evaluation and repair tools for
>accessible Web content.
>[*] To the best of my knowledge, I believe my organization has the following
>IPR claims regarding evaluation and repair tools for
>accessible of Web content. (Please specify)
>NetConversions owns copyrights to scripts that detect and correct
>accessibility issues.

Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
(215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant: