Fw: CSUN Followup: WAI ER WG

From: Bill Shackleton <shackle@magi.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:25:46 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-er-wg@w3.org>
Cc: <kasday@acm.org>, <w3c-wai-ig-wg@w3.org>
Certainly Len,

Hello everyone.

I've met a some of you recently at CSUN but I don't believe I've had the
pleasure of meeting the rest of you. I am currently a technical trainer of
mainstream internet-based technology (TCP/IP, IIS webserver, etc.) who is
integrating accessibility into the courseware. My aim is to help IT
professionals to build accessibility into their technology environments so I
am particularly interested in the server side of accessibility.

I got into this field (technology and persons with disabilities) about 10
years ago when I joined the Neil Squire Foundation. I've also promoted and
facilitated accessibility (using technology) through a previous business (PC
Home Automation) and as an employee of the Canadian government (Diversity
Management Directorate).

I look forward to contributing to the group.

Bill Shackleton