RE: Draft ERT WG Charter for review and comment

At 03:19 AM 6/8/2004, Chris Ridpath wrote:
>We've been working to a software program that does just that:
>http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca
>Is this what you were thinking of

It seems to be the same part of it that has been played by Josh Krieger's
Bobby and Len Kasday's WAVE, etc. Of course, it doesn't "repair" or make
indexed claims (such as metadata concerning accessibility features/levels)
- and without an interactive-with-"author" component such programs never will.

My point centers on doing this in a consortial setting so that the people
who do these things with stuff that is likely to get widespread inclusion
in widely-used products are able to suffer/benefit from wide input that is
without the biases of commerce/academia/author-ego.

Although I am still partly of the opinion that much good stuff in this vein
gets done by (mostly) individuals working (mostly) alone, such as Josh,
Len, Dave Raggett have demonstrated, there is a part of me that still hopes
for a form of collaboration that can actually produce something that will
attack this in other ways than merely writing lists of
guidelines/checkpoints/criteria/techniques/examples. The latter process
should be of little interest in my opinion. Sorry for the diversional
answer to the query about the charter for YAWG.

--
Love.

Everyone/everything/everywhere/always connected
---