EARL Testcase

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:42:29 -0400
To: "WAI ER IG List" <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>

EARL can be used to state that a particular resource passes or fails a
particular test. The test can be something subjective like the WAI
guidelines. We can use the earl:testcase element to make these sort of
statements.

Our checker program makes a statement that a particular page passes or fails
the WAI guidelines and uses our URI as the definition of the WAI guidelines.
Example:

<earl:testcase
rdf:resource="http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca/wcag-1-0-aa.xml" />

Other programs will generate a similar statement and will reference their
definition of the WAI guidelines. Example:

<earl:testcase rdf:resource="http://accessibility.tester/WCAG-AA.html" />

How can a program collect the EARL results from various checking tools and
tell if the page passes/fails the WAI guidelines?

To put it another way - How can you tell that both programs are testing the
same guidelines? (Perhaps using the earl:testcase rdf:about attribute?)

Chris