From: w3c-wai-er-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-er-ig-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 05:31
To: ER
Subject: [earl] name, email and tools

Hi folks,

we have just about completed the EARL output for Hera
<http://www.sidar.org/hera>

We were wondering if an earl:Tool can have an earl:email (I have been
using foaf:mbox to identify assertors, but I think we will use both
earl:name and earl:email and foaf:name and foaf:mbox now).

In general is it a good idea to keep the name and email properties in
the EARL schema? It seems to me that we are better off moving them out,
or defining them as being properties of tools, and using foaf:Person to
identify assertors who are people.

earl:Person is a subclass of Assertor, as is earl:Tool. I think we'd be
better off saying that an earl:Assertor has a range that includes
foaf:Person and earl:Tool.

whaddaya think?

cheers