Re: EARL and annotea servers

Well, following a bit of a discussion
[1] I am going to try and update MUTAT [2] to make it put stuff in the
earlDB.

Jim Ley has also made IE bookmarklets [3] that let you annotate a page with
"Passed WCAG" or "Failed WCAG".

This means that we can produce some data to start working on. I think for the
moment using the server with the temporary namespace is helpful for figuring
out how to deal with the interaction - it means we can clean it into a real
EARL later, or trash it and build a production version.

Cheers

Chaals

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/30-er-irc
[2] http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/MUTAT/
[3] http://jibbering.com/2002/9/earl-assertions.html

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I am building some utilities for talking to annotea servers. I have a couple
>of little tools that are useful enough for creating an annotation and finding
>what annotations are available, and one designed to query the 'EARL server'
>http://earl.w3.org and find out what EARL annotations have been made for a
>particular URI
>
>There's lots  to do, but the source code for what I have is at
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200209/annodemo for your enjoyment.
>Comments, criticism, bugfixes welcome...
>
>Note that the EARL server currently only accepts EARL which uses the
>namespace "http://earl.w3.org/temporary#" (I am pretty sure that is a bug and
>can be fixed...) and that it only accepts things which are earl:Assertion
>with the properties earl:regarding , earl:tested , earl:assertedBy and
>earl:result
>
>I believe (but haven't tested) that it requires one and only one of each of
>these things to be present, which is a bit of a pain. I will hopefully be
>working on MUTAT code to make it able to do this, or fixing the server to
>make it deal with more varieties of real EARL.
>
>cheers
>
>Chaals

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22