EARL and annotea servers

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:30:17 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI ER group <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>

Hi folks,

I am building some utilities for talking to annotea servers. I have a couple
of little tools that are useful enough for creating an annotation and finding
what annotations are available, and one designed to query the 'EARL server'
http://earl.w3.org and find out what EARL annotations have been made for a
particular URI

There's lots  to do, but the source code for what I have is at
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200209/annodemo for your enjoyment.
Comments, criticism, bugfixes welcome...

Note that the EARL server currently only accepts EARL which uses the
namespace "http://earl.w3.org/temporary#" (I am pretty sure that is a bug and
can be fixed...) and that it only accepts things which are earl:Assertion
with the properties earl:regarding , earl:tested , earl:assertedBy and

I believe (but haven't tested) that it requires one and only one of each of
these things to be present, which is a bit of a pain. I will hopefully be
working on MUTAT code to make it able to do this, or fixing the server to
make it deal with more varieties of real EARL.

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22