Re: Questions and proposals related to strawman schema from F2F

From: Nick Gibbins <nmg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:59:48 +0100
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>

Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org> writes:

> [...] people will have different top-level criteria, but may use the
> same testcases (e.g. testing for WCAG and 508 there are a number of
> testcases that would be re-used, and for testing WCAG itself there
> are some testcases that are useful for more than one checkpoint). So
> I think it is important to define a criterion as being satisfied by
> a number of testcases rather than describing a particular test-case
> as belonging to a criterion.

The definition of TestGroup in [1] could do this, provided that we
also assume that a TestGroup (criterion) is satisfied (passed) iff all
the testcases that it contains (as given by the transitive closure of
the earl:containsTestCase property) are passed.

> The ability to do this is going to be important if we want to merge
> results from multiple tools testing a single object - for example a
> couple of automatic checks and some manual ones combined to generate
> a claim of WCAG double-A conformance.

I agree.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2002Aug/0009.html

--
Nick Gibbins                                            nmg@ecs.soton.ac.uk
IAM (Intelligence, Agents, Multimedia)             tel: +44 (0) 23 80592831