DC.Relation and earl:result Re: Update and request for volunteer(s)

Err, you're right. Our structure is slightly different.

I don't think a document conforms to an EARL statement. Although an EARL
statement is a kind of DC.relation - a more powerful version of something
like

  document.X DC.relation.conformsTo checkpoint.PQR

Where checkpoint.PQR is a thing with a URI that we expect to be stable, then
I think this is a sufficiently "established standard" for the purpose of the
DC statement - WCAG1A-Conformance is an example, but myTestSuite point 2.1.z
is a reasonable example too, and useful if I publish a claim that conforming
to some collection of myTestSuite points implies conformance to WCAG
checkpoints 1.4 and 4.1.

The reason we have greater complexity is that we anticipate the possibility
that there will be conflicting statements of conformance (for example because
someone tested with two or three tools as well as manually, or got three
different people to make an evaluation) and that people will want to be able
to make use of the variety - Dublin Core doesn't seem to work like that - it
seems based on the assumption that there will be one authorative set of
metadata about an object.

Cheers

Chaals