Re: storing EARL in annotea

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:15:05 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, <www-annotation@w3.org>
"Nadia Heninger" <nadia@barbwired.com>
> I'm not sure how Jim is posting to annotea,
> but I'm guessing that since the reports he gets back haven't been
> transformed the way I'm seeing mine be changed, he's at least including
> EARL in the body of an annotation.

Can you provide me with the Algae queries you use, and pages where you
have annotations stored.  So far all Algae Queries I do on EARL submitted
comes back all disconnected graphs, losing all the information - I assume
it's my queries, but haven't yet solved the problem.

For example, the algae:
(ask '(
 (http://www.w3.org/2001/03/earl/0.95#testSubject ?b ?s)
 (http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#predicate ?q
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/earl/0.95#fails )
) collect '())

returns (modified to be valid.)

which doesn't associate the testSubject with the predicate, I always get
this result.  I need Algae help!

> A few warnings from my experience playing with annotea:
> 1. The documentation at
> is wrong.  Annotest gives errors if you try to just post straight XML
> it.

I have two clients which both post straight XML without problems, the
above page is wrong, but only in that it omits the <?xml ... > with that
included it works fine for me - what problems do you have?

http://jibbering.com/2002/2/annoteaearlnew.rdf is a typical submitted
XML, with:

as the headers (content length obviously accurate.)

> Look at the source for
> http://annotest.w3.org/annotations?explain=false for examples of how to
> submit things - for example, to submit an annotation you have post your
> content as w3c_annotate=<url-encoded rdf>.  Same idea for algae

I definately don't like this for submission - url length is getting long,
I don't trust proxy's even if I can trust annotest to be okay with it.

> 3. Jim has already discovered this, but annotest has a bug when it
> other RDF namespaces, and EARL 0.95 properties come back as
> <0.95:whatever>, which isn't legal and causes IE to complain and refuse
> show me anything.

This is solved if you use one of the test-servers - I'll leave it to
EricP if he wants to open it up to the list.

Also I believe it's important we agree on a namespace to use, algae
queries really need to know what namespace you are using and it would be
nice if we could all use the same one.